Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Q & A: EAD/AP Combo Card

Question:  I have an I-485 (adjustment of status) application pending, based on a labor certification filed 6 years ago.  I am waiting for my priority date to become current.  I work in H-1B status, have an H-1B visa AND a valid EAD (employment authorization document) and AP (advance parole/travel document). My EAD and AP will expire soon. Now that USCIS is issuing a convenient “combo card” combining the EAD and AP into one card, will I get a combo card when I apply to renew my EAD and AP?

Answer:   You are only eligible for an EAD/AP combo card if both applications (I-765 and I-131) are filed simultaneously, and both the EAD and AP documents are within 120 days of expiry.  Below please find a link to the USCIS Policy Memorandum, on the subject of issuance of the combo card.
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/98938707/AP-EAD-Final-Memo_12-2010


Suzette Blackwell
Associate Counsel
1-703-531-0790

No comments:

Post a Comment